It’s Labor Day! A day to be with friends and family, a day to relax and enjoy alone time, a day to do whatever makes you feel good. And we know something that is at the top of everyone’s feel-good list: cupcakes from Cupcake DownSouth. So, today, the 7th of September, we have 7 ways you can celebrate Labor Day with cupcakes.
- Stop by one of our three locations (Charleston, Columbia, & Mt. Pleasant) to treat yourself to our new After Dark line of liquor-infused cupcakes. Today’s flavor is Blackberry Mojito. It’s a blackberry cake with Firefly Blackberry Moonshine, filled with muddled blackberries, topped with a fresh mint icing.
- Surprise your family with a variety pack of cupcakes. What better way to make sure to get that quality family time in than by eating a meal together and sharing cupcakes for dessert?
- Attend the 36th annual Labor Day Festival & Parade in Chapin, SC. This family friendly event kicks off at 9:30 am and goes until around 3:30 pm. Bring a pack of our Southern Red Velvet cupcakes along with you – they’re sure to please your entire family.
- Try one of our new fall flavors! Blueberry Cobbler and Caramel Apple are two delicious flavors available today.
- Take a stroll down King Street, browsing for some rewards for the hard work you’ve been putting in lately. Perhaps pick up some shoes at Bob Ellis, grab some lunch at Verde, and then enjoy a scrumptious White Chocolate Raspberry cupcake (they’re only available for one more week)!
- Okay, so we know Labor Day isn’t a celebration of when your mom went into labor with you. But shouldn’t we celebrate that? Why are you the one who gets celebrated on your birthday when she did all the work? So, rather than having to share your birthday, take her a Chocolate Tuxedo cupcake today and let her know how much she means to you.
- Wander through the shops at Belle Hall and pick out some cute new jewelry from Handpicked – they’re having a Labor Day Sale! Then, pop next door for a cake pop and a bottle of ice cold milk.
However you decide to celebrate today, we hope we can be a part of it. We think you’re awesome and that you deserve a treat. So, this Labor Day 2015, treat yourself with a cupcake from Cupcake DownSouth!